CHINA’S MOST SEARCHED
Among the top stories trending on Baidu this week is the 38-year-old man who set himself on fire after his ex-girlfriend refused to marry him.
The man surnamed Wu from Jiangxi Province drove his BMW all the way to Qingdao, Shandong Province to propose to his 21-year-old ex-girlfriend, who went to college in Jiangxi and went back home to Qingdao after breaking up with Wu. Wu poured gasoline over his body and lit a fire in front of the girl and her family. Wu is currently in a critical condition.
2) Taiwan actress and model Lin Chiling (林志玲) pretended to share a French kiss with actor Huang Bo, co-host of the 49th Golden Horse Awards ceremony held in Taiwan on Saturday night. The two are going to star in the upcoming movie “101st Marriage Proposal”.
3) A pile-up on the Jingtai Highway left 22 vehicles damaged, 7 dead and 35 injured. The highway was congested for more than 10 hours after the accident.
4) Jia Chaofeng (贾晓松) from Gansu province clocked 2:27:40 to claim top honors in the women’s contest of the Beijing Marathon on Sunday. The race was staged in freezing conditions as it was held much later than the normal mid-October date. When asked about the weather, Jia said as someone born and raised in Gansu, she deals with the cold better.
5) A piece of investigative reporting recently revealed that some denture factories are operating without a license and using shoe polish to polish the supporting frame of the dentures, posing a serious health hazard to users. Also, the hospitals and dentist clinics are selling them with an outrageous markup.
6) Lu Mingying (吕明英) is the director of the Department of Land and Resources of Guangdong Province and is being investigated by the disciplinary committee at the provincial level for serious violation of regulations.
7) A list of online novel writers was published by a newspaper recently. These writers make tens of millions of yuan per year writing mostly about imaginary lands where characters master both magic and martial arts.
8）Kim Hee-sun, a South Korean actress, recently revealed on a television show that she deeply regretted posting her daughter’s photo online and the malicious comments on the baby girl’s look were so bad that she wanted to move out of the country. Some of the comments said that the face of her daughter is the best evidence that Kim has gone under the knife for the beauty she has.
9) There have been rumors saying organizers have offered tens of millions of yuan to invite K-Pop star PSY, whose Gangnam Style has been a sensation, to perform at the upcoming Chinese New Year Gala, an annual variety show with billions of audience. The director of the show said that this is a rumor and they did not approach the singer as many local networks have done.
10) Huang Yi (黄奕), an actress, was seem shopping for baby clothes in the US recently. The photo taken by a witness showed that she was about six-months along. Her boyfriend is believed to be Huang Yiqing, the son of a rich businessman.