AT THE BOX OFFICE
Chinese-language films performed strongly in China’s cinemas from July 2 to 8, sweeping the top three grossing film spots, led by Painted Skin: The Resurrection (画皮Ⅱ).
The action and fantasy film Painted Skin: The Resurrection sports an A-list cast, including Zhou Xun (周迅), Vicki Zhao (赵薇), Chen Kun (陈坤) and Yang Mi (杨幂), as well as refreshing special effects, such as “changing skin.”
Check out the top 10 grossing films in China during that week.
1. Painted Skin: The Resurrection with 228 million yuan ($35.8 million)
2. Caught in the Web (搜索) with 44.9 million yuan
3. Wu Dang (大武当之天地密码) with 20 million yuan
4. Legend of The Moles – The Treasure of Scylla with 15.5 million yuan
5. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted with 13.4 million yuan
6. The Hunger Games with 13.1 million yuan
7. Black & White Episode I: The Dawn of Assault (痞子英雄首部曲：全面開戰) with 11.5 million yuan
8. Seer II (赛尔号2) with 10.2 million yuan
9. Super Pig’s Funny Crisis 3D (猪猪侠之囧囧危机3D) with 4.1 million yuan
10. Nightmare (青魇) with 4 million yuan